EUROPEAN ENERGY RISK MANAGER
Location: Ealing, London / Remote | Department: Risk Management | Reporting to: Head of Energy Markets & Risk Management
Are You an enthusiastic and ambitious individual looking to work in friendly and stimulating work environment?
Alfa Energy Group is an international sustainability and energy advisory company based in London, with offices in Frankfurt, Chicago, and Sarajevo. The company has been successfully delivering energy cost management solutions to 1000s of clients across 24 different countries since 1995. On the back of recent new client acquisitions, we are undergoing an expansion program, and looking for a European Energy Risk Manager to join the Risk Management team in our London office. This is a hybrid role, part office, part home based, working as a part of the growing team. The company provides friendly environment and competitive package for the right candidate. In the recent employee survey, the most common words used to describe the company were great people, positive work environment and growing business.
- Active management of Gas and Power Portfolio for European I&C clients, including hedging trades on behalf of client portfolios.
- Conducting regular calls with clients to update them on current market developments and performance of agreed risk management strategy.
- Contribute to the development of client risk strategies.
- Prepare reports outlining market & contract performance.
- Support the Operations and Sales team with client meetings and conference calls.
- Collaborate with other team members in preparation for client’s annual budget reports & contract tenders.
- Maintain and sustain relationships with energy suppliers.
- Daily liaison with other members of the risk & European ops team to provide information and ensure that customers receive excellent customer service.
- Ad-hoc requests.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of procurement in energy contracts – Essential
- Knowledge of European market flexible energy – Essential
- EU wholesale energy market knowledge in UK, FR, DE, ES and IT – Desirable
- Good knowledge of both fundamental and technical analysis – Desirable
- Strong organizational skills with a good level of computer literacy – Essential
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills – Essential
- Fluent in relevant European languages & English – Desirable
This role requires professionalism, enthusiasm, and team work to succeed. It requires someone who is hardworking and self-motivated with the confidence and ambition to deliver success to both themselves and the group as a whole.
- Problem Solver
- Eye for detail
- Client focused
- Flexible working, working from home
- Be part of dynamic and creative team of energy professionals
- Ongoing development
- Competitive salary with annual review and performance bonus linked to individual KPIs
- Company pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
- Critical illness cover.