The German Cal-20 contract traded at a level not seen since end of 2018. Find out what else has been happening in the energy markets in our quick video overview.
- Carbon’s ascent towards €30 saw the German Cal-20 trade at a level not seen since Dec. 2018.
- Rising French river temperatures threaten production from riverside nuclear reactors.
- Chinese numbers were mixed, and GDP growth is at a 27-year low.
- European gas hub prices are now cheaper than Asian spot LNG for the first time in four years.
- Gulf of Mexico oil & gas producers have begun restarting after Storm Barry. Over 74% of production was affected.
- Nord Stream pipelines between Russia and Germany are closed for two weeks for annual maintenance.
- The acting IMF chief still sees sluggishness in the global economy but does not foresee a recession.