In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Jason Durden about the UK energy markets, as a large volume of LNG delivers to balance demand and supply, but at what cost.
In this week’s Resonance you will learn about:
- Hedge fund and speculative activity picks up in oil
- Supply and demand for gas and power in the UK as winter takes hold and what it means
- Interconnector capacity limits impact the import of power, exacerbated by issues with French nuclear production
- Big demands on fossil fuels expected as short-term issues with transitioning to lower carbon generation are brought to bear
- What this all means for energy pricing, inflation and interest rates as investors seek a safe haven