In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Jason Durden about UK gas and power prices, forecast demand for fuels, and other global impacts on our local energy market commodity costs and security of supply.
Topics explored include:
- UK gas commodity prices move to levels not seen since before the invasion of Ukraine
- Global fuel demand set to rise as China comes out of hibernation and the US driving season begins
- The UK also continues power exports to France as its nuclear fleet remains a challenge
- Solar is delivering significant volume and while the highs of recent wind power generation return to normal, it continues to deliver expected volume at present
- Global leaders meeting in Davos highlights the many challenges faced, comprising of inflation, food poverty, climate change, and the energy crisis
- Meanwhile, the EU has signalled it will attempt to take the pressure off carbon prices, where politicians can alleviate pressure created by policy ahead of the coming winter
For details of the discussion, listen to the latest episode of the Resonance podcast below.