In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Jason Durden about UK energy prices, as gas dominates UK power generation and exports of LNG to Europe endure.
Topics explored include:
- Oil sees supply tightness which doesn’t bode well for winter
- UK LNG imports flow as we export gas unabated to Europe whilst our neighbours replenish storage
- Gas supports 65% of UK power generation and keeps prices high
- Carbons markets nervous as Fit for 55 is in front of the European Parliament
- No UK climate change policy shift expected following the outcome of the UK’s PM vote of no confidence