In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Dr Petra Puskarova about European energy prices, as the storage milestone for gas is expected to be met in early September.
Topics discussed include:
- Oil is weaker due to economic data, while supply interruptions have disturbed the fundamentals
- Carbon in Europe will continue its run till around mid-September
- No changes to gas supplies in recent weeks, but low liquidity and carbon is pushing gas higher
- What might happen in Europe when 80% of gas storage is expected to be met in early September
- Positive market news as new US gas exports expected ahead of winter, Germany indicates extending nuclear fleet use, EDF to keep French fleet running during heatwave to avoid blackouts, and a new nuclear plant in Finland begins operational testing