For our first Resonance energy markets podcast of the year, Jeremy Nicholson talks to Nicola Pollard, Energy Markets and Risk Manager at Alfa Energy Group, about the extraordinary events of 2022, looking ahead to 2023 and beyond.
Topics explored include:
- Storage and market mechanism issues, tensions and the subsequent invasion of Ukraine
- Government market interventions across the UK and Europe and the energy crisis pushing prices to unsustainable levels for business operation
- The need to focus on security of supply
- LNG, a saviour to supplies in 2022, but at what cost and what issues need to be considered for 2023?
- The environmental impact of the dash for coal in Europe
- Weather provides further relief for winter, but will investment in strategic storage push up prices?
- Energy remains a strategic procurement to manage risk and ensure appropriate governance
- Support for business from government in 2023