In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast episode, Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Henry Homer about energy markets, the current equilibrium, and the supply risks ahead in 2023.
Topics explored include:
- Weather, storage and LNG find a new equilibrium for European prices, for now.
- A lack of snow and rain brings challenges for Europe’s hydro power.
- Considering the impact of the French nuclear fleet had on the dramatic fall in prices, what does the state of an aging fleet mean for European power prices?
- Does the reliance on LNG mean high prices for gas will become the norm?
- What does that mean for operations in Europe, when competing with other world regions?
- Is there a risk to LNG prices from Asian demand?
This episode of the Resonance was recorded on 23rd March 2023.
Resonance is an Alfa Energy Group podcast series where we explore some of the latest insights from the energy and sustainability sector as it goes through a significant transformation. Fuelled by new challenges, new ideas and new technologies, we discuss what it means for businesses to realise their energy and sustainability ambitions.