In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast episode, Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Henry Homer about energy markets, the current equilibrium, and the supply risks ahead in 2023.
Topics explored include:
- Weather, storage and LNG find a new equilibrium for European prices, for now.
- A lack of snow and rain brings challenges for Europe’s hydro power.
- Considering the impact of the French nuclear fleet had on the dramatic fall in prices, what does the state of an aging fleet mean for European power prices?
- Does the reliance on LNG mean high prices for gas will become the norm?
- What does that mean for operations in Europe, when competing with other world regions?
- Is there a risk to LNG prices from Asian demand?
This episode of the Resonance was recorded on 23rd March 2023.