In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast episode, Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Daniel Veasey as prices soften ahead of the summer.
Topics explored include:
- Softening of near-term pricing while winter prices hold.
- Economic data impacts oil prices, despite OPEC cuts.
- With LNG delivery at record levels, do falling prices risk supply being diverted to Asia?
- While supported in recent weeks with increased rainfall and wind power generation, sensitivities around the impact of a mild winter on hydro remain.
- If the Russia and Ukraine war escalates, risk remains over LNG supplies to Europe.
- As energy prices in Europe fall, is a recovery in industrial demand underway?
- UK energy intensive industries are advised to explore government support now.
This episode of the Resonance was recorded on 4th May 2023.