In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast episode, Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Henry Homer as prices fall, discussing the innate risk of a single source of supply for gas.
Topics explored include:
- Structural issues effecting European markets remain.
- The 3 pillars – weather, LNG and storage.
- TTF prices falls, but only for near term spot and month ahead purchases.
- LNG remains structurally more expensive, while east Asia switches to alternative supplies, for now.
- Will that change when LNG prices reach a pivotal level?
- Water levels are a cause for concern ahead of August, reflecting on the peak of prices last year.
- When not to tender as risks lie ahead.
This episode of the Resonance was recorded on 23rd May 2023.
Resonance is an Alfa Energy Group podcast series where we explore some of the latest insights from the energy and sustainability sector as it goes through a significant transformation. Fuelled by new challenges, new ideas and new technologies, we discuss what it means for businesses to realise their energy and sustainability ambitions.