In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast episode, Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Henry Homer as prices fall, discussing the innate risk of a single source of supply for gas.
Topics explored include:
- Structural issues effecting European markets remain.
- The 3 pillars – weather, LNG and storage.
- TTF prices falls, but only for near term spot and month ahead purchases.
- LNG remains structurally more expensive, while east Asia switches to alternative supplies, for now.
- Will that change when LNG prices reach a pivotal level?
- Water levels are a cause for concern ahead of August, reflecting on the peak of prices last year.
- When not to tender as risks lie ahead.
This episode of the Resonance was recorded on 23rd May 2023.