In this week’s Resonance energy market podcast episode, Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Dan Veasey about the return of energy market price volatility.
Topics explored include:
- Power market balancing met by coal generation with nuclear reactors offline and demand increases with warmer weather.
- Reductions in LNG arrivals indicates a general slowdown of deliveries as Asia becomes a more attractive destination.
- Volatility returns after months of falling prices.
- The state of the global economy puts downward pressure on oil prices.
- Despite plans to diversify supply generation for power, a huge reliance of gas remains while storage technologies are developing to meet the needs of intermittent renewable generation.
For details of the discussion, listen to the latest episode of the Resonance podcast below.
This episode of the Resonance was recorded on 13th June 2023.